Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Greta's Visit part one

I was so lucky to have my sister for the week!  She is the best sister anyone could ask for and my only sister.  Even though we may be different in some aspects I still think we could have been twins in that we just "get" each other.  She can just look at me and I still know what she is thinking:)

She came to my house for the first couple days and then we spent the weekend at our Mom's house for Mother's Day Weekend.  We went, saw, and ate a lot!  Here is our trip through pictures...
Queen for the day!
On the grounds of Maryhill Museum


One day we all went to the Maryhill museum by Goldendale, WA.  If you are ever driving to Portland you always see it from across the river and wonder "What is that?"  At least I always did!  It is a beautiful mansion that Sam Hill a wealthy road builder built to live in but later decided to turn it into a museum with two other friends.  He also built the Stonehenge replica down the road from the museum as a World War One memorial and was later buried there.  
On the other side of the house is a large view of the Columbia River and Mount Hood

Dress Exhibit
My Mother and I
Bird of Paradise statue--many beautiful displays outside the museum
I couldn't help myself the sun just felt SO good!  Maybe only a stay-at-home Mom could understand the joy!
Sisters
Stonehenge memorial and replica
After touring the museum we went to a Greek Orthodox Monastery where they have a bakery called St. Josephs.  My Gyro and Baklava was AMAZING!  I would say the best baklava I have ever had.  We then drove home did some fun shopping and then went and saw The Hunger Games at the theater.  After the movie we called into Casa Chapala Express for our burrito orders so we could get it before it closed!  We are die-hard Casa Chapala fans.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I've always been a little jealous of greta and yours relationship. Always wanted a sister and you guys are so close it makes me happy to see.

    ReplyDelete