Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Goats Next Door

Jane has some exciting new pets!  I will let her show you...
Jane loves the goats--every morning she looks at the front window to say "hi goats" in her best 18 month old language.  We now have six friendly goats working on getting the weeds down in the pasture.  They came to us from a neighbor down the road who probably owns a hundred goats.  He is loaning us the goats to eat down the pasture and then will take them back when it's gone.  Perfect bargain for us!  I have really enjoyed having them.  They are actually a good watch-out for me and always let me know when someone is driving up the road with their "baaas" and even when I open the front door more "baaaas" to greet me!  They are really friendly and loved to be pet.  They do not have horns and they are all females which makes me feel better when the girls are around them.  

Also as a side note I love goat cheese!  If you've never tried it you should.  I get mine from Costco.  My favorite way to eat it is on a toasted english muffin.  I mash an avocado and mash in equal parts goat cheese and spread it on the toasted english muffin.  Then I top it with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes with a sprinkling of salt on top.  YUM!
Evelyn holding the neighbors baby goat
Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment