Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Love at Home" Wall Art DIY


You would think I'm having a baby in two weeks with all my craftiness lately.  I have definitely caught the decorating bug.  I had seen all the pins on Pinterest for printing enlargements at Staples as an "engineer print" for under five dollars and thought to do lyrics to a favorite hymn instead.  Every Sunday I am always inspired by a hymn's lyrics and always declare it my favorite hymn!  Well at least for that week anyway;)  I chose Love at Home and printed it off from lds.org under the music section.  I am so happy with how it turned out...



I used a wood board that was sitting in my garage and told the guy at Staples its measurements.  The gentleman at Staples did the math for me so it would fit.  I used modge podge to attach it and that was it!  When I first started with the modge podge I thought something went terribly wrong with all the folds and creases but once it dried flat it looked awesome.  I ran out of modge podge and used elmers glue mixed with equal parts water instead (which is much cheaper).  Daryl drilled a small hole in the wood on the backside to hang on the wall with.  Don't you just love it when a project turns out as planned!

1 comment: