Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Getaway

My friend Lauren invited me to come with her to North Bend for a quick trip.  We both wanted to see the fall leaves on the drive to Seattle which we saw along with a lot of snow!  We spent the night at the church camp site at Ensign Ranch.  We were both worried how our two little ones would sleep but they slept through the night with no problems!  Big bonus.

The first day we stopped at my favorite bakery in Yakima for lunch, did two hikes, and ate out for dinner that night.  

The next morning we woke up to snow so we shopped at the outlet mall in North Bend and ate lunch.  The girls were pretty tired so we headed back that afternoon.  I loved every minute of our trip which included girl talk for a full 24 hours!  It was a nice getaway.

Fall + Trees = HAPPY MAMA

Me and Jane

Lauren and I

Deer!  They were eating the grass in front of our cabin

Both our girls are named Jane.  Which is fun because Evelyn also has a really good friend named Evelyn too.

This picture doesn't do justice but it was beautiful!
They wanted to stop at every quarter ride which felt like every five feet.  We let them get on each one without putting in a quarter and they thought it was awesome!  Every time I pulled out the camera my Jane would not look though.

The drive home-- I loved the snow capped trees

And they're out!  True Story.  We were parked outside the outlet mall and Lauren was getting out the strollers but had to take a couple hiking backpacks out first when the lady parked next to us rolled down her window and asked what kind of car we were driving.  Lauren told her what kind of car it was followed by the lady saying "wow, that thing has crazy trunk space."  When I got out of the car to help my friend I couldn't stop laughing!  I couldn't believe how much stuff she had pulled out!  It was like a magic trunk that had fit everything.  I think I would of asked what kind of car it was too after seeing someone pull out a boat load of baby carriers and strollers.  Lauren assured the lady it was just her mad packing skills:)

No comments:

Post a Comment