Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sittin' Poolside


The days have been hot making the pool a must.  We have had swimming lessons, pool play-dates at our public pool, and best of all swimming at my Mom's beautiful pool.  These sisters are the best of friends.  This summer they have learned to love to play together.  Evelyn is so good to Jane and Jane loves Evelyn for it.  My favorite is when they are both giggling about nothing and chasing each other around the house.  Evelyn usually lets Jane have her way since she doesn't like Jane's piercing loud screams!  Love my girls.



Here is Evelyn at swim lessons at our public pool.  We loved it!  Evelyn is trying so hard to swim on her own.  She loves jumping as high as she can off the sides and making a big splash!


I got to spend sometime with some great friends I miss a lot in Tri-Cities among others.  It was so nice to relax by the pool and catch up while letting all our kiddos swim.  I loved every minute of it!  I don't get a lot of girl time out in the country so I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Oh and I can't forget this wild lady!  My Mom was about to get her dry clothes on when Jane proudly marched her naked self back into the pool.  She was so proud of herself and was grinning ear to ear:) We got to stay at my Mom's house for three days.  It was wonderful!  My girls love my Mom and basically don't want much to do with me when Grandma Harvey is in the room.  Evelyn also likes to help Grandma do chores around the house.  She even earned money pulling weeds and helping Grandma fold and organize clothes.  We are planning to go back in August to spend some more time together by the pool before school starts.  It was heaven swimming all three days! 

 Oh yes and school.  I can't believe my first born is ready for kindergarten.  I found this picture of Evelyn from last winter and it reminded me of how much this little lady has grown up.  Oh I hope I can handle her gone at school!  I know she will love it!  I am just worried about her poor Mom!    

No comments:

Post a Comment