Thursday, July 19, 2012

Uncle Ian

Oh how much my girls love uncle Ian!  Jane is pretty cautious on who she lets hold her but she immediately gave Ian the goo goo eyes and couldn't stop flashing him her flirty smile.  My Mom and Ian came up and took my girls and I out to lunch at the best bakery in Yakima I know of.  If you are ever driving through you have to stop here for lunch!  It is called Essencia Bakery and is right off the freeway.  So worth the lunch stop and you must have dessert too!  Everything we tried was good.  We then took the girls to the children's museum and out for ice cream at the old fashioned parlor.  That night we went swimming and made soup.

Love Jane in this picture--of course smiling for Ian;)






The next morning Daryl and Ian woke up super early to rock climb before we left to Mt. Rainier.  Mt. Rainier was very pretty but I loved the "Grove of the Patriarchs" the most.  It is a short hike to see enormous trees that you can wrap your arms around.  Here are a few pictures from Mt. Rainier.  There was still snow on all the trails at Paradise which is probably why I liked the Grove of the Patriarchs so much because the snow had melted.  It is about 45 minutes below Paradise.



The next two days I spent with Mom and Ian at Seaside, OR.  Daryl couldn't make it because of work so Ian was adopted Dad for the day for my girls.  The beach was so wonderful.  I love to just sit in the sand and breath in the salty air.  It was a cool day but no wind which made it nice.  Evelyn was in heaven she couldn't stop running in and out of the waves.  She was so happy.  Jane would mostly follow Evelyn part way in the water and run back out when her feet got too cold.  Jane also liked to kick Ian's sand molds for his sand castle down so we helped her make her own castle to play with.
Seaside was beautiful!  It was my first time going and I now really want to go again.  
My girls LOVED the ocean.




Ian's and Evelyn's sand castle
Ian's happy shadow
We sampled a lot of salt water taffy
Carousel
Aquarium
We loved seeing the ocean!  Thank you Mom and Ian for taking us!

1 comment:

  1. looks like so much fun! i miss the ocean so much.Ian is such a good uncle.cant wait to see you all this fall

    ReplyDelete