Monday, March 5, 2012

We moved!

We have moved!  We are now living in Selah way out in the country.  I realized how far out we lived when our new ward even had a hard time finding our house to help us move in.  We live closer to Naches than to downtown Selah and are even in the Naches school district but we live in Selah.  The move went really well but I don't want to do it again tomorrow!  Below are a few pictures of what we have been up to with the move.  We did a lot of painting before we moved in.  The house was really dirty beforehand--you will notice in the before pictures.  The guest room is still filled with unpacked boxes.  I just closed the door and am pretending they aren't there ;)  When I get the entire house finished I will take more pictures of all the rooms.  Daryl's been busy cleaning up the property.  I think it was more fun for him since he got to use some tractors in the process.  We are hoping to put some grass in soon!

Here she is!  There is a pasture in front and in the back there is a chicken coop and three small pins.

This is the view from my kitchen window.  I love it!  Can't wait for the spring green to come.

View of our backyard--it goes for miles.

Below is the entryway mudroom.  I mixed some leftover paint with white so the walls could look cleaner.
BEFORE

                                     AFTER






                                                            Formal living room BEFORE
AFTER

Ceiling of the great room BEFORE


AFTER

Kitchen BEFORE

AFTER

Working hard or having fun?  I think he's having fun.
Picking up all the random junk that has been left on the property over the years.
There was even a broken hut tub on our yard--this truck was completely packed tight before he took it to the landfill.
Helping Grandma tape that box up tight before we moved!  My mom and Debbie were so helpful!
Evelyn napping in the living room after her bed was packed ;)

Daryl and Evelyn filling up the old chevy truck with gas before we left town.
We used a paint sprayer for the great room ceiling and walls.  What a energy saver!  Daryl's Mom watched the girls for two days so we could clean, paint, fix stuff, make out, get the carpets cleaned...did I just say make out!?  It was fun spending time together working hard to get the house ready for the girls.  Daryl's Dad and Shayne came up one day and helped replace light fixtures.  Shayne got shocked--poor guy!  
This rainbow was shining in our side yard the first day we moved in :)

8 comments:

  1. Make out...? Hahaha! Looks so good!!! Can't wait to come see it in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you guys! I'm so glad you told me about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! You guys did great. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so talented! It looks awesome! We sure do miss you guys!!!! We definently want to come visit you sometime SOON :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house sucks. You should just give it to me. Please.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you did A LOT in just a few days!!
    What an adventure you are going to have!
    Thanks for your blog address and make sure you keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We live in Ellensburg now, not far from you guys. Im not crazy excited about living here and have been kicking around the idea about moving to Selah or West Valley in a year or two(Erica Lichfield lives in West Valley somewhere). You will have to let me know what you think of Selah and just have my husband commute to Ellensburg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Jill. I am actually closer to Naches than to Selah so I see a little more of Naches. We are in a Selah ward though. I will let you know what I think as time goes on--right now the only thing I am missing is FRIENDS!

      Delete