Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow

We finally got snow!  It snowed during the night so when we woke up it was quite the sight!  Evelyn said "Christmas!"  and Jane just kept pointing out the window saying "dat!"  Evelyn and I started out the morning making Birthday cake pancakes.  Once Jane went down for her nap we went out and played for a while.  When Evelyn showed no sign of wanting to come in the house I decided to start shoveling the driveway.  With the garage door open Evelyn thought it would be fun to ride her bike.  I didn't say no because #1 I knew she wouldn't get far and #2 I remember trying the same thing when I was a girl.  After an hour she was ready to go inside for hot chocolate.

Our second day in the snow we drove to my friends house so Evelyn could play with her friend Evelyn.  They are a good pair of friends and it's even more fun that they have the same name.  The bottom picture is of the Evelyn's making snow angels.  The snow was dry so no luck for a snow man but they had fun hiding toys under the snow and telling the other to try and find it.  Jane was confused about the snow or maybe she was confused why she could barely move in her huge snow gear and boots.  She liked being outside in it though.  On our drive home I stopped at walgreens to get some milk so I wouldn't have to go out today.  They do not clear roads in Tri-Cities like they did when we lived in Salt Lake but to be expected since we don't get much snow.  I don't think the roads had ever been cleared when I was out in it.  Evelyn kept saying worried comments in the back seat like "Are we going to make it?"  and encouragment like "good job Mom, you are really going fast now."  I think my highest speed was maybe 30 mph.  Once we made it home in the garage we all cheered!

No comments:

Post a Comment