Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Juice

Last year I got a Vitamix from Daryl for my birthday.  We both like drinking green smoothies for breakfast--they taste a lot better than they look.  I think my friend Andrea Lee was the first person to get me started on green smoothies.  Daryl got a Jack Lelane juicer from my Mom for Christmas.  A juicer is a lot different than a vitamix because it only gets the juice of the fruit and not the pulp like a vitamix does.  Daryl came home with the BIGGEST bag of carrots I had ever seen to try on the juicer.  I thought there was no way we would drink all of it but we did!  I mix half carrot and half pinneapple juice together.  Carrot juice straight is pretty strong.  We also made a couple of other juices.  One that was surprisingly good had beets in it!  I guess we like to drink our vegetables.

Carrots!
Evelyn helping out


1 comment: