Friday, August 17, 2012

We are moving...again

  
a view we will miss
"Nothing is more constant than change." --Heraclitus
There really is no way to avoid change.  We have decided to move back to Richland.  We were here exploring a commercial bee business with the intent to buy it but after a lot of thoughts, prayers, sleepless nights, and bee stings it just wasn't right for our family right now.  That is the simplified version.  We were planning on staying here a year but we kind of knew by this summer that we had our answer.  And then the house we lived in before opened up for rent so we jumped on the opportunity so Evelyn could start and finish kindergarten at one place.  Such a hard decision!  Can't express that enough but when you have certain feelings you just have to go with it even if it doesn't make perfect sense.  As a dear friend once said to me "When your life makes sense, give me a call!  I sure would love to hear about it!" Implying that usually life doesn't make sense.  The optimist in me thinks life always makes sense looking back on it just not always moving forward.  I loved our time here and don't feel like it was an experience wasted.  I learned so much and loved living on the quiet seven acres in our little ranch house.  And hey I think Daryl even achieved getting the first masters degree in bee keeping!;)  Beekeeping is something we will always love!

 In other news our once baby chicks are now laying eggs!

And this years Thanksgiving dinner keeps getting bigger and bigger...

 If you look closely you can see a duck behind the white turkey.  He was raised with these two turkeys and really believes he's one of them.  Why do we have a duck?  I have no idea but my husband brought him home with the turkeys as babies and he was pretty darn cute.

I have always said I am absolutely not a cat person!  But I have some of the best farm cats around--and yes I am one of those people who takes pictures of their cats sleeping...

So what are we going to do with all these animals!?  Well, luckily I have the best in-laws and they have said they will take them in at their house.  Hopefully they enjoy it as much as we have.  I know I am going to miss taking care of them I might just have to get a social life with all my extra time:)  I am happy that we will be able to still see them.

 I will miss our country view.  We have spent countless nights on the porch just enjoying the cool nights in complete privacy.  I think that comment just made me sound old but I truly will miss it.  

I am so grateful for this experience and have loved our time spent here.  It has challenged me and taught me a lot about myself.  Sister Hinckley said it best:

“The trick is to enjoy life.  
 Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.” 
   
                                               So for now we will continue to find joy in the journey!

2 comments:

  1. Change is good. Wishing you guys the best and am secretly happy that it will be easier to see you when I visit home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad...still that you moved, but I totally understand. I miss you though. I just truly enjoyed being around you Joanna. You are such an amazing woman! I think eventually though, we'll probably end up in the Tri-Cities as well. :)

    ReplyDelete