Monday, April 16, 2012

Kelly Family Reunion part two

We had an Easter egg hunt the Saturday before Easter.  Before the hunt the children each picked an egg that had an object and scripture tied to it that we read aloud.  It was a beautiful sunny day outside for the big egg hunt.  We didn't even have to tell Jane what to do she just started filling up her basket.  One of her favorite things to do at home is pack up purses and carry them on her shoulder so this was perfect fun for her.  If some of the kids dropped an egg out of their basket she would pick it up for them and put it back in their basket.  She is really sweet.  It was really fun to watch all the kids!
Jane putting eggs in her basket


The girls loved playing in the dirt all week--good thing family pictures were done that morning!  

The rest of the day all the girls laid out in the sun and chatted while the boys rode dirt bikes.
I love these women!  I gain so much strength from them!  We had a lot of time in the sun that day...
as you can see;) 
me and Ashley (She headed back to BYU-I after the weekend)

Daryl and I
It was so nice being home.  We stayed at my Mom's house during the nights since the Kelly Homestead was pretty full.  I love being with my Mom.  We stayed all week at her house, (Daryl didn't come until the weekend).  Evelyn was so excited to spend the night for six nights!  She packed up all she could in her two back packs.  She loves spending the night at Grandma Harvey's house because she gets to have her own room!  This must be exciting for her since she shares a room with Jane at home.  Evelyn actually thinks that it is "her" room that waits for her at the house but it is really just an extra guest room;)  First thing she does when we arrive at the house is unpack her clothes and organize them in drawers and in the closet.  She is a REALLY organized four year old.  I don't even unpack right away--as her Aunt Greta knows a little all too well.  My Mom always does fun things with the girls that usually involves a craft or making something together.  One day Evelyn collected little shells from the river and they painted them silver.  Another day they organized candies in little boxes for Easter.  On the last night my Mom dyed eggs with Evelyn...
I am so grateful to have a testimony of Jesus Christ and the resurrection.  It was a memorable Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment