Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Daddy's Home

Daryl has been out of town working for the last four weeks.  We thought he was coming home this Thursday but he surprised us early and came home Sunday night.  I was completely shocked!!!  Usually I can pick up on little things and figure out his surprises out but not this time.  I had put the girls to bed and was about to turn on a movie I hadn't finished yet.  Daryl calls and faced time me so we could chat and see each other.  He tells me he wants to show me something outside and goes outside of what I thought was his hotel door.  It is completely dark and I can't see him in the phone but am just waiting when he finally says "well...uh...I think you might have to turn on the porch light to see what I was trying to show you."  My face lit up and I ran to the door.  I was so happy to have him home!  I have noticed after starting this blog that our family loves surprises.  I never noticed that about us before. :)

The next morning when the girls woke up I told Evelyn I had a present for her and Jane downstairs.  Daryl hid under a blanket in the living room and I told Evelyn her present was under the blanket.  She was so overjoyed to find her Dad under that blanket.  She of course hugged him for a long time.  Jane gave Daryl her best glare as if to tell him that he abandoned her and she was not happy about it.  But then she softened up and melted in his arms.  Evelyn and Jane are very happy to have their Dad home!



1 comment:

  1. Oh I bet that was the best surprise EVER!! I can't imagine having Shayne gone for four weeks and we don't even have any kids!!

    ReplyDelete