Saturday, April 27, 2013

Gratitude

Evelyn and Jane make my life feel important.  I am so happy to be their Mom.  Today I took the girls shopping for a dress and we had the nicest time.  Evelyn was polite and patient on picking a dress that she liked and that I "okay'd" in price.  She said thank you for the dress as we were driving home and it was very sincere.  We then had a conversation about what the word gratitude meant.  My hope is to be able to give my children experiences but only under the understanding that it is a privilege but not a necessity.  For example I don't want Evelyn to ride the pony because she thinks it is a necessity or simply because she wants to.  I only will let her ride the pony if she understands it is a gift that Mom is giving her an experience to ride the pony.  Basically if the idea of what a privilege it is to ride the pony isn't grasped then there is no pony ride.  My children have already been exposed to many neat experiences which I am grateful for but I hope to be able to teach them that they are in fact privileges.  My hope is for them to understand what a blessed life they live and to exude gratitude.

Jumping for ice cream

Our little artist







My friend watched my girls overnight last month because I had to have surgery.  She said Jane would not fall asleep unless Evelyn laid next to her.  Melts my heart.  She texted me the two pictures below.





1 comment: